About the Role
Scottish Adventure is looking for an experienced and dynamic Finance Director to support the growth and development of Scotland’s only adventure community.
• Leads all financial planning and analysis (FP&A), including forecasting, budgeting, and cash flow management.
• Prepares quarterly and annual financial reports.
• Identifies and proposes funding opportunities and co-ordinates funding applications.
• Knows and adheres to UK generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Securities and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
The Finance Director will be able to work on their own and as part of a team with knowledge and experience of managing company finances.
• Knows how to use FP&A software and has advanced spreadsheet skills.
• Understands financial reporting and has strong analytical skills.
• Communicates effectively and has exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Excels at multi-tasking, organisation, and time management.
Knowledge and experience in managing funds in a not-for-profit organisation. Competent at identifying and managing relationships with funding sources.
About the Company
Scottish Adventure is a not-for-profit organisation which connects people with adventure experiences all over Scotland. We promote businesses that enable adventure by providing various products and services and we connect them with people who want to explore Scotland.
We are home to the Scottish Adventure Community. A group of like-minded people who organise local adventures, share knowledge and experience, forge life-long friendships and receive a host of member-exclusive benefits & discounts.
Scottish Adventure hosts a calendar of adventure events and also offers adventure holidays across Scotland. This enables us to support adventure tourism, promote destination information and showcase the very best adventure locations across Scotland.