Deeside Way Bikepacking Overnighter
Time & Location
About the Event
Route File: CLICK HERE
Ride Leader: Roy Milne
We will be riding the entire length of the famous Deeside Way from Aberdeen to Ballater and onwards to a camping location in Glen Muick, we'll be riding back the same route the next day. Starting at Duthie Park in Aberdeen, the group will join the Deeside Railway Line from the most easterly point and head west. We aim to average around 15-20kph and will regroup at each of the planned stops for everyone to regroup and get some refreshements. This would be a great Club Ride for beginner / intermediate ability riders.
Regroup / coffee / beer / wine / food stop locations (click for maps):
Cycle Highlands have very kindly offered thier outdoor bike parking racks for us to use while shopping / sightseeing in Ballater. Please remember a bike lock for Cycle Highlands, these guys don't accept any responsbility for damaged / stollen bike etc. There are plenty options in Ballater and here are a selected few (click for maps):
Rules to follow:
- Leave no trace (no fires, remove all waste, repect the local environment)
- Be self reliant (bring spares, food, water, kit required for the full ride)
- Read and comply with the Risk Assessment sent to all registered participants
- If you do not intend to stay with the group for the full club ride, let the Ride Leader know
- Bring a camera and tag us in yer snaps!
Please hit the BOOK NOW button to secure your place.
If you have any questions please contact the Ride Leader (Roy Milne) via Members Banter Forum.